Patrick Tankama is a visual artist, writer, and curator from the Democratic Republic of Congo. He has been living and working in Cape Town, South Africa since his debut expo in the Mother City in 2009 at Alliance Française of Cape Town.
A skilled decoupage artist, Patrick uses denim, leather and PVC pipes among other mediums in his work which depicts a futuristic Africa. His art is influenced by object design, architecture, vintage Pin-up Art, and fashion.
Patrick has showcased his work in numerous solo exhibitions, and he has been involved in several group exhibitions. To name the few:
- 2003: group exhibition at Espace à suivre (DRC)
- 2008: Solo exhibition at Centre Culturel Français de Kinshasa (DRC).
- 2009: Solo exhibition at Alliance Française of Cape Town
- 2019: group exhibition at Zeitz MOCAA in the framework of the Emerging Artists Programme.
- Dec 2019 – Jan 2020: group exhibition at Eclectica Contemporary Gallery in Cape Town.
- 2020: group exhibition at the Zeith MOCAA (‘Home Is Where The Art Is’)